These conduct rules are in place to ensure everyone enjoys the experience – especially the children.
PARENTS CODE OF CONDUCT:
- Do not force an unwilling child to participate in sports. Remember children are involved for their enjoyment not yours.
- Encourage your child to always play by the rules.
- Teach your child that honest effort is as important as victory so that results are accepted without undue disappointment.
- Turn defeat into victory by helping your child work towards skill improvement and good sportsmanship.
- NEVER RIDICULE OR YELL AT YOUR CHILD for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- Remember that children learn best by example. APPLAUD FAIR PLAY.
- DO NOT PUBLICLY QUESTION the Officials judgement and never their honesty.
- Support all efforts to REMOVE VERBAL AND PHYSICAL ABUSE from children’s sporting activities.
- Recognise the value and importance of volunteer coaches. They give their time and great effort to provide recreational activities for your child.
- INAPPROPRIATE & ABUSIVE behaviour towards athletes, volunteers, coaches and affiliated clubs or persons will NOT be tolerated and may result in cancellation of yours or your child’s membership. Action will be taken as seen appropriate by the committee.