Open Ribbon Day
• All athletes must wear Official Club Uniforms
• All athletes must display correct Age Patches
• All Ribbons MUST be worn
• Athletes may enter a maximum of 4 events – this may be varied at Meet Managers discretion
• All events will be finals
• Throwing events: 3 attempts each competitor
• Long Jump: 3 attempts each competitor
• High Jump: 3 attempts each height – Grades 10 + only
• Spikes (6mm) may be worn by athletes 10 + only
• Spikes, If worn, competitors must use Starting Blocks in laned events (i.e. 100m, 200m, 400m)
• Starting stance: any starting stance is acceptable, subject to rules regarding spikes
THE ORGANISERS RETAIN THE RIGHT TO ALTER THE COMPETITION RULES AS NECESSARY
FOOD & DRINK
A sausage sizzle will be available from the control desk area from 11.30am. A selection of drinks will also be available. All funds raised go towards funding our athletes in external competitions. Keep an eye out for the Coffee Guy & Mr Whippy as well throughout the day.
In the event of cancellation due to weather a notice will be posted to the home page of our website and facebook pages by 9am on the day. If wet please check here first.
WHAT TO BRING
We recommend a light jacket / jumper as it can get quite windy at Walker Park. There is plenty of shade under the trees, gazebo’s and sun umbrella’s welcome. Remember sun protection, sunblock & sunhat. Bring plenty of water and energy snacks.
Bring a picnic blanket and chilly bins and make a family day of it.
We aim to run a relay in between block 5 & 6 keep an ear out for announcements and an eye on the information board throughout the day!
Printed programmes will be available from the control desk on the day.